<VV> How High Should It Be?

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Sat Oct 29 20:44:14 EDT 2011

Have to remove the gas tank from my Rampside (1963, 1st-design manual shifter).

Have to do this on my garage floor.  I have done it previously, but
have had a lift available.  Not this time.

So I have to jack up the truck and put it on jack
stands.  Question:  How high does the truck need to be to ensure that
I can get the tank out?  I know that these FC tanks kinda drop down
and move rearward in the removal process, and I don't want to reach
the floor before I have cleared the truck.

So -- do ordinary jack stands provide enough clearance?  Or do I need
to be looking for a taller alternative?

--Bob