<VV> Dana Corvair

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:30:10 EDT 2011

(The beginning of this message might seem harsh in tone, please understand
that I didn't mean it that way!  This message was typed in a normal
CONVERSATIONAL tone of voice! "RR")

my 2 copper,

     To call the car a "Dana Stinger" is misleading to anyone who knows less
than you guys do about the subject.  I don't think a Dana COPO Camaro would
ever be called a "Dana Super Chevy", or that a Dana COPO Nova would be
called a "Dana Duece", so I don't think this car should be called a "Dana
Stinger".

     If the car is tagged as a "Stinger" that associates it with Yenko just
like other tagged cars not converted at the Yenko dealership.. it should be
referred to the same as those other cars would be.  If you want to talk
about it being a Dana COPO car, then don't attach the Stinger name to it.

     Don't get me wrong, this car is historically interesting.  You have a
Dana COPO car that is also tagged as a Yenko Stinger (if I understand the
tag thing correctly?)... that might make it the only car in the world that
is both a Dana AND a Yenko!  I can see why you called the car a "Dana
Stinger", but as I said earlier that is misleading.  It would lead the
reader to assume that there was a whole run of badged "Stingers" sold by the
Dana dealership, which there were not.

I hope I do not offend,

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
31 years old with FIVE Corvairs!