<VV> Dana Corvair

Bob Dunahugh yenko108 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:57:53 EDT 2011

There was to be a relationship involving the Corvair between Dana and Yenko that from what I saw went south just after the 3 cars were ordered from GM. The Problem involved Dickey Harold  in some way. Mark G. our Warren D. would probable know the details. I know Donna Mae told me some of the stuff on the Dana car when she was at my house one day. Dana COPO Corvair is a good description.  The first time I saw the car was about 10 years ago, and it was described then as a Dana stinger.  It's has been written up in a lot of publications, and has also done a lot of good PR for the Yenko Stingers. The car and owner have been good for the Corvair and stinger world as I see it. Refer to the car in a manner that you see fit, and respect the car and owner  for the place in the history of the Corvair that it holds. I'd love to own it. It's probably worth more then most Yenko Stingers. ( And NO, I don't want to get into the value of any car or cars. )  Yes, California cars came with A.I.R. systems. And mind did not. I don't think that difference has anything to do with what the cars are or were. And since the A.I.R. system was mandated by the feds., it probable wouldn't been listed as an option. The people out West can clarify that detail for us. So, one of my questions was. What is the simplest way to describes the car, as a car ordered as the stinger was, a COPO,  went to Dana, and wasn't just another Corvair. And this is what you would say to the general public without talking for 20 minutes. Like I said before, Dana and Yenko knew their intent of their business plain. The only thing I want is to see the web site yenkostinger.org do, is put the history of performance Corvairs out to the public as clear and complete as we can. Ed Cunneen has put a lot of time and money into this web site. Lets all try to help were we can. That's my 2 cents.   Bob Dunahugh