<VV> Alternator Replacement

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 01:14:35 EDT 2012

Looks like my alternator's shot on my '63 greenbrier and I'm in need of a
replacement. I haven't had luck figuring out what to replace it with,
though. I've got a '68 110 in the van and the part numbers off the old
alternator, but I haven't been able to get a match on a new part. Here are
the numbers I've got (the 2nd and 3rd came from an Autozone catalog
cross-reference):

I'd appreciate some help getting a new alternator in there.

Cheers,
Travis T.

 You don't say where you are located..but sounds like a big enough town / city to have a Starter / Alt.  rebuilding shop...

Go there and save on the shipping...

 Otherwise, all of the Corvair Parts Vendors sell the EXACT  replacement...

 Most Chain stores do not carry them anymore...  "one off model"

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages