<VV> alternator replacement II

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 10 00:58:13 EDT 2012

Lon,  I did not see the AD, sorry.

Are we talking internal or external voltage regulator?  The one bad report
that I had was on internal regulated alternators and I was checking to see
if that was more or less a one person opinion or a consensus opinion.

Both of my Vairs have higher (than 37amp) output alternators.  One has
external and the other internal regulator.  I've replaced one alternator on
each, so my personal experience would tell me that there is no significant
difference in longevity.

Seems like, from most  of the responses, there is a large majority that
would agree on that.

Later, JR