<VV> BackFiring through LH Carb

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 19:41:51 EDT 2012

Something odd has just started with my fresh 3.1 build. It will idle happily
all day long and rise smoothly up through 4000 RPM but when I just blip the
throttle , I get backfiring through the driver's side primary carb. All of
the sparking equipment is new; coil,  plugs, wires, Pertronix II etc. The
carbs are fresh from the Carbmeister. I've tried adjusting the static timing
to see if it makes an difference and it doesn't. For now I'm running at 16
BTDC static.
Bob

 Swap the cars side to side....  sadly, there have been several people with problems lately, and Grant gladly exchanges them.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages