<VV> Da Mitty is history

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Apr 29 20:21:54 EDT 2012

We just returned fro Sonny's Bar-be -que which is close to our hotel.
Seventeen of the Corvair racing crowd had our evening meal before heading out for home.
Today was our last race at the Mitty. I don't know how many of us made the grid but, all but one, Michael LeVeque finished. He didn't know what happen, it just quit. H ehas no compression so it's not going to be pretty. It was hotter than yesterday today but no rain. I had a great time racing with Bob Storc in his Stinger. We both have backup motors and were evenly matched.
I fixed my major oil leak from yesterday. Only lost two quarts. It was a bolt on the oil filter adapter, not the AN connections on my remote oil filter hoses at the block.
Jim Schardt of course ran away from the rest of the Corvairs. I was running at the back of the pack but had an absolute blast racing with anyone I could catch.
All of us are sunburned and dog tired so, sleep tonight then cut out early for the Mountains of WV. Jim Rice will have a good article with results and we have a ton of photos to edit and post. There will be a new video production from Kevin Wilson, the half baked Alaskan! I believe he got well done this week end.
Also there was a few magazines on hand doing some photos.
Well, I'm fading fast so, I'll quit here. More later.
--
Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com