<VV> 14" to 15" wheels

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Tue Aug 7 11:27:05 EDT 2012

At 13:55 8/06/2012 -0400, Bruce Alexander wrote:

>I have a 61 Rampside. I would like to change from 14 " wheel to 15" wheels.
>I'd like to find something that is"fancy" mag type or aluminum. Does anyone
>know of an interchange list or what other wheels would fit?

For best ride and handling you will want to get wheels with as near stock
offset (0") as possible.  A 15 X 6" wheel with 3-1/2" back spacing will
have 0" offset and should fit perfectly.  I have these on my '65
Greenbrier.  A 15 X 7" wheel with 4" back spacing will have 0" offset but
might have problems with rubbing at the front steering arms--4" back
spacing should still clear the rear A-arms--you will need to check
both.  Some 15 X 7 wheels are available with less back spacing (which moves
the wheel center outward) but you will have to test these to make sure that
the tires you intend to run do not rub the fenders.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI