<VV> 14" to 15"wheels

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed Aug 8 14:58:01 EDT 2012

For those that don't know, the FC uses a stock steel wheel that has a a
different back space than the run-of-the-mill GM wheels that used to be
common in salvage yards. The tie rod end is very close to the rim. Therefore
the concern about interference of rubbing or hitting the tie rod end,
regardless of rim diameter. "Regular " GM wheels fit the FC rear.

By the P & A 30 Parts Manual, the FC wheel is a 14 x 5J (9/16th offset) #
3960336. Early and late models Corvair cars are listed as 13 x 5 1/2 Early,
13 x 5.5 Late. "J" is an SAE code for the rim designation, I believe.
Anyone?

Chuck S