<VV> 1962 Monza

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Sat Aug 18 18:51:42 EDT 2012

  This is an interesting thread to me.  I have wondered what may have happened to my old Corvair, as I'm sure others have.  I had a 1964 Monza Coupe that I sold on the way to Ft. Riley Kansas back in 1992 or 1993.  It was white with wire wheel hubcaps and a custom interior from a previous owner:  white with blue carpet and seat inserts that were a teal/blue naugahyde.  It also had a transplanted 140 engine with four carbs painted yellow and the fan painted yellow.  Mom had a 1962 Monza that she bought new from Smedleys Chevrolet in Vandalia, Ohio.  It was sold to some folks down the street in Englewood, Ohio in 1976 or so.  It was a blue monza with blue interior, wish I knew the vin number to try to find it.  I heard that it was donated to a vocational school in Clayton, Ohio which was then called Montgomery County Joint Vocational School and is now called a career center or something like that.  The auto shop guys may have worked on it there as a learning tool- who knows.  Either car sound familiar to anyone?One of my favorite things and that happens once in a while is when a previous Corvair owner will walk up in a parking lot and ask about the car and then tell you about the one they purchased new, or was handed down to them.  Neat to meet folks who have good memories of the car. Jim