<VV> 140 engine on a regular PG transmission

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 08:20:54 EDT 2012

A friend brought to me a 4 door with a 140 engine on the 110 PG transmission. This guy didn't know any better, he is a body man.  When put in gear it quickly engages the transmission and you have to hold the brake on to keep it from moving fast and hard and lugging the engine down.  I've tried to adjust the idle, etc, but lugs the engine down hard.  Is this the effects of a 140 on a 110 transmission?  I know there is a PG transmission for the 140. Would a 95 or 110 engine do better?

Jerry Brown