<VV> 140 engine on a regular PG transmission

jwcorvair at aol.com jwcorvair at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 09:47:18 EDT 2012

I have a 140 hp engine running on two carbs in my 62 Sedan, which has the 84 hp PG. I have never had any issues with the idle. I adjusted the entire throttle linkage per the shop manual and set the idle to about 900 rpm, perhaps a little higher. In drive the idle drops to about 700 rpm. The car runs fine and never stalls, so it seems to be okay.

Joe White (62 Sedan, 66 Porvair, 64 Spyder)