<VV> Horrid red plastic thingy

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:57:50 EDT 2012

Up until recently, I had no problem with the red plastic junction
block on my Corvair. Last May I lost power, jingled the wires to get
power back and drove on home where I replaced the horrid red plastic
thingy with a new one I had it my garage. It worked fine until last
Saturday night. I was cruising along, 40 miles from home, top down,
listening to the radio when suddenly it got quiet and dark. I did the
wire jingle again and got it going for another couple of miles, when
it happened again. Got it going again and at 55mph it did it again.
The third time I got power back it was good enough to get me home.

The next day I tried to tighten the screw in the plastic, but it
wouldn't tighten. I would have tried this that night, but didn't have
the proper tools. So not wanting to experience sudden darkness again,
I just found a small bolt and bolted the three wires together, taped
it all up real good and life is better without that little piece of
red plastic.

So I am a convert to the side that hates the horrid red plastic
thingy. Now I understand.

Marc Sheridan