<VV> Steer me straight

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 20:16:02 EST 2012

Yes, the car currently has the early 65 one piece spear shaft. The reason I want to change it out is for safety. I have a very nice 65-66 two piece steering box and column for it. Then yesterday Terry Kalp gave me a very ugly green 67 column. I really like the collapsable feature as well as the flashers and the common wheel spline. Getting a quick steer Flaming River box is another nice feature.

The floor bracket is just spot welded onto the column. I could either remove and replace that bracket with the 65 bracket. Or weld on a modified bracket. Definitely not a show stopper.

Ned