<VV> Viton a poor choice for a dynamic seal?

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:14:02 EST 2012

Heres a link that compares all of the relevant seal materials and the relevant properties:http://www.elderrubber.com/material.htm I'm posting this link so you can decide for yourself if Viton is a poor choice for a dynamic seal-I've tried very hard to find a engineering data sheet that says that, and was not able to find it.As this data sheet shows, the compression set and resiliency of viton (FKM) is better than polyacrilate (ACM)while viton is slightly less abrasion resistant than polyacrilate- neither of these materials is "not recommended"for a dynamic seal!Kevin Nash