<VV> Crane XR-700 Electronic Ignition

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Feb 12 19:14:09 EST 2012

I have a new (still in the package) "Crane Cams XR-700  (700-0243)
Optically Triggered Electronic Points Conversion Kit" that I probably  bought a
couple of decades ago.  I'm thinking of using it on one of my cars  this year
to replace the points.  Has anyone used this kit before or more  importantly
has anyone been using one for the last ten years (or more)?  I  remember
someone telling me that the optical sensor kits were not forgiving of  dirt
inside the distributor.  I also have a first series ignitor on  hand.

Thanks,
Bob