<VV> Silver Fox (From FastVair)

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 23:31:49 EST 2012

As I recall at Williansburg, VA, Seth and I traded fast laps all day
long and I barely nipped him on the last run. Great competition!   I
was shocked when I arrived and saw Seth standing next to the famous,
many time National Champion Silver Fox--Champion driver and car!!!
    At that event I was running a Paxton supercharger at one of the rare
times that the Velociraptor formula car was in AM configuration. Good
thing, The Silver Fox had a Roots type blower and a Hewland transaxle.
    I had just repaced the often broken '65 trans with a later Saginaw.
Both had late model rear suspensions and formula type front
suspensions. .
  Mine weighed 1150#, don't know what the Silver Fox weighed--probably a
lot less.
     Terry kalp and I will have our formula cars at the Corvair
Performance workshop.
    Mine will have a 3 liter naturally aspirated 13/1 engine--legal for
SCCA BM.

Warren