<VV> Front Disk Brakes

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Sat Feb 18 21:19:15 EST 2012

I just made my own brackets and used 4x 12 7/8" rotors from the rear of a Chevy pickup.  I had to drill the 4 3/4 bolt pattern in the rotors.  I used Gen 2 Trans Am rear calipers and if I remember correctly '78-'84 Malibu front calipers.  I had the braided stainless lines custom made at a hose shop for around $100 for all 4.
The fronts weren't really any trouble but the rears needed the trailing arms modified so the calipers and e-brake cables would fit.
I'm using 16x8 IROC wheels and 245R45x16s.  I had to move the front crossmember forward about 3/8" for the tires to fit.
Joel