<VV> nitrous and Corvairs (heat problem?)

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 20:04:13 EST 2012

Since "Normal"  use of NoS  is limited to 2500 rpm or higher and W.O.T.  only....

Engine  / head overheat is minimal..since you only run that way for a  minute or WAY less normally.

The Cooling effect  is as Ray describes....  just like spraying water mist in the fan...

It cools the METAL.. resulting in lower head temps...  IF YOU ARE USING ONLY A SMALL SHOT!

And since ALL  Vairs engines make approx. 80 hp at 4,000 rpm....  you better only be looking at a 15-25 hp shot !

Decades in Sandcars has shown that a Wet Shot is  normally required..and Propane [cooler] is the fuel of choice there..

On my v8 Crown 327...  I just use gasoline...

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages