<VV> pulsing headlights problem solved

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Sun Feb 26 15:56:48 EST 2012

  <snip>

Thought it would!!   Sad that all these people that write in with the myriad of other items to check spend so much time on a problem that can be most likely fixed in 20 minutes...

<snip>  I'm not sure that I agree with that.  Especially with electrical problems, they can be frustrating.  Troubleshooting means you check and eliminate the most likely culprits first, maybe see if others have experienced the same thing you are having go wrong and systematically work your way through the problem.  And I appreciate all of the ideas bounced off me.It has been my experience that some of the hardest things to troubleshoot are:1- Something caused by a defective part off the shelf.2- Bad circuit breakers.3- Broken or shorted wire that is intermittent and hidden under something. And bad grounding can cause some seriously weird effects.  My idea was to avoid doing "swaptronics,"  i.e. changing components until it is fixed.  That can be costly  ;  )Jim