<VV> Early Rear Bearings

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 08:57:27 EST 2012

I can't put together enough contiguous time to take a 12,000 mile trip, but I have driven several trips over 1000 miles in my Corvairs, to CORSA conventions. My daily driver is a Corvair. It is well-maintained (mechanically) and is more reliable than my wife's minivans have been. It has left me stranded on a 1000 mile trip, but not my Vair. Over the course of a year I cover over 12,000 miles, and that duty is much harder on a car than a single 12,000 mile trip. Understand your car, maintain it properly, and there is no reason to stay within 10 miles of home!

My daughter also drives a Corvair as a daily driver. We completely rebuilt the mechanical systems before we put it on the road, and it is carefully maintained.

I could not find any witnesses to vouch for my sanity, so I won't go there.