<VV> Early Rear Bearings (and other spare parts)

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 13:56:55 EST 2012

I've had enough mechanical fuel pump failures that I will carry a spare pump on a long trip. I may carry points and condenser, but even those can be obtained from a local FLAPS. I have carried a spare axle, but not always. Even an axle can be obtained from our vendors, maybe a little extra cost to get it there fast instead of slow. Worst case, you lose another day or so if you have bad luck.

When my daughter was regularly traveling to Florida from Virginia, I armed  her with a cell phone. If she had problems, she called me, I went to VV to find whoever was in the vicinity, and someone would come to her rescue.

When I travel, I make sure I have the CORSA roster and my cell phone. A few basic tools, VOM meter, electrical tape and bailing wire.

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on