<VV> Early Rear Bearings

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 14:12:29 EST 2012

 The one time I removed an early axle bearing, we didn't use a press, I used a powerful angle grinder with a cut off wheel and split the bearing. No force on the axle whatsoever.
What little damage to the axle journal polished up nicely, then a thin coating of 90W gear oil, and we pressed on the new bearing. Pretty clean way to do it, and pressing on the new bearing puts no stress on the long part of the axle!

John Roberts