<VV> Early Rear Bearings

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jan 8 15:14:36 EST 2012

I have found the whole tool pulls all bearings off, where as using just
the plate and a hydraulic press does NOT! I have not had the complete
tool fail me yet. I don't know why, but that's my results. My guess is
that with 20k ponds of force, thigs get galled quickly before you know
it happened. With using a wrench on the nuts, it goes slow enough to
avoid damage.  During demonstrations at our Vair Fair, many an eastern
rusted bearing was puled off eastern rusted axles. They made noise, but
they came off. Get the whole tool.

http://www.bluechipmachineva.com/corvair.html

I've been replacing striped out flanges for 30 years. It is not a new
phenomenon here in the east. Good no rust axle flanges were found in
Phoenix Charlie's stash when he was at the Carlisle national. I bought
all of them he had!

Frank DuVal