<VV> need diff

Harry Smith harrysmith1957 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:51:47 EST 2012

Well Guys, I did it again! You may remember about a year ago shortly after
I got my Rampside while removing the engine I broke the differential snout.
I got a replacement way back then and finally was getting around to
replacing it. The diff came apart easily, the broken snout pressed right
out with no problem and the new snout went right in. While pressing the
race for the bearing back in it went a little crooked and as I added more
pressure to try and straighten it out I snapped the whole side of the
housing off, from the starter mounting hole all the way to the bottom. I am
now in need of a replacement differential or housing, I can reuse my
insides, I inspected it as I was taking it apart and everything looks good.
I would appreciate one close to South Florida and cheap as I do not have a
lot of money to spend on the truck right now and shipping would be high. I
feel like an idiot, trying to fix my first mistake I have made another
bigger mistake! I think I did not have the housing seated properly in the
press.
Harry Smith
1963 Rampside
Coral Springs, FL