<VV> Powerglide Transmission Shifting Issues

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Thu Jan 26 10:07:51 EST 2012

"... I've installed the missing e-clip, put everything back together,
poured in $20+ of ATF, and it still won't automatically upshift..."

See 1961 shop manual, page 6E-4, Adjustment of the Manual Valve Linkage. A
successful adjustment can be made without the shown tool, just view the
position  of the manual valve, making sure it (the valve face) is flush with
the adjacent  portion of the body (as shown in side view picture, Fig 6-e). If
the manual  valve is out of position, then fluid can bypass. I've used the
adjustment to  solve just the problem you are describing.

Mike Mauro
67 PG Coupe
64 PG Greenbrier (for sale)