<VV> Sealing fuel line joints

chuck mckinley cmckinley313 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 26 17:47:07 EST 2012

After doing a major tuneup the last couple days, I discovered that I had
small gas leaks at almost all the joints between the pump and the carbs.
I tried just tightening the bejabbers out of the fittings, but still had
very small leaks in a couple places, so I tore everything apart again
and put teflon tape on the threads, a la natural gas lines. Voila - no
leaks, but now I'm concerned that the combination of teflon tape and
auto gas might be unsafe or otherwise a bad idea, since I've never seen
it mentioned in any of the manuals or how-to-do-it guides. It sure was
an easy and effective fix, so I hope I can leave it alone.
Your thoughts and comments are welcome as always.

Chuck McKinley