<VV> Quaker State "Defy" Oil

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:07:44 EDT 2012

Understand, and I agree. I have read some other non corvair forums on
the oils and have read that as long as the ppm levels stay above about
800 for the zinc, it should be fine for a broke in production engine.

I'm going to continue using a good brand of oil and ensure the ppm's of
zinc and phos are in the ranges needed for our older engines And not
take a chance. My engine only has 1300 miles on it and am still running
a 10w30 shell rotella Dino oil with additive, until at least 3000
miles, for break in, the switch to a full synthetic.
Oil is cheap, use the best available.
However, I am going to try the defy oil in a 04 PT Cruiser for a oil
change and watch how it works there. I have been using rotella oils in
that too, because of the slightly higher antiscuff agents, and this
fits in with that profile.
Mark Durham
Sent from my Windows Phone