<VV> Motor oil shear strenght comparisons - a good article

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Jul 18 15:40:51 EDT 2012

Being a diesel is an important distinction especially for cylinder wear.  They also tend to run lower rpm.  I've never had a diesel and haven't thought or know much about the differences in oil requirements.  It would be interesting to have that 50K + kilometer oil checked to see how it held up.
Joel McGregor

________________________________
From: Ulli Dittmar [info at california-camping.de]
Subject: Re: <VV> Motor oil shear strenght comparisons - a good article

joel @ my last bus, a 2005 model, was sold last year with 210,000 kilometers and I never did any other oil change on the car than the board computer forced ones - this was usually between 38000 kilometers and 42000 kilometers depending on the way of driving - the buyer had the Bus and engine tested and all the results were as on a new one. I forgot the say it is a diesel engine - that might be an important information.

Regards
Ulli

61 Monza 900 Sedan
65 Monza 110 Coupe