<VV> Occasional total loss of accelerator response at stoplights

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Jun 4 08:05:13 EDT 2012

I am not sure the symptoms are really understood ... You said

'it's like the accelerator isn't even linked to the carbs.'

Are you saying there is actually no / zero response at all?  You push the accelerator down but the engine does not change its RPM at all?  It does not 'stumbel' or seem like it is going to stall?  It does not increase in speed even a little?  It just stands there at idle speed?  You move the accelerator up and down and then all of a sudden everything works OK?

If so, perhaps somewhere along the way the linkage is coming apart and then going back together ... ?

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.