<VV> If you want to move..no corvair (not even close!)

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon May 14 08:02:36 EDT 2012

 Mussle cars? Sounds pretty shellfish to me. What about the Barracuda? Or the Marlin? OK, on a 'scale' of 1-10, which is your favorite 'mussle' car?

I slay me...

That being said, the Camaros and Mustnags with their V8s outperform pretty much any of these muscle cars (done with the shellfish comments. For now...) and at a reasonable price.

Apply inflation, and today's muscle cars (although, in the old parlance, these would be pony cars) are quite the buy!

The CTS-V is awesome, but it's not a muscle car. It's not competing against the Dodge Charger, for instance, it's competing against the supercharged Benz's and the twin turbo V8 powered Bimmers. And no one else on these shores has anything else like it.

Then there are the whole host of cars like the Subaru STi and the Lancer Evo 8. Also awesome performers.

The other huge difference between then and now, besides today's cars being quicker, is they also have really good handling and brakes!! The old GTO was quick, but heaven forbid you needed to throw it into a turn or stop it from 130 MPH!!

John Roberts