<VV> Braking Problem Resolved

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 10:09:20 EST 2012

                                                                      B"H

Hi all, hope everyone is well.  I finally fixed the problem of my Monza pulling sharply to the right when applying the brakes, and jumping back to the left when releasing the pedal.  The problem persisted even after a 4 wheel alignment, new brake hoses in front, and new master cylinder.

The problem was resolved with new brake shoes in the front.  I think what happened was that when I pulled the front wheel bearings and re-packed them, some grease got on the linings and caused grabbing on the right side.

Just wanted to say that when the books tell you to "condemn brake shoes that get grease on them" they're telling the truth.

Best wishes, Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C