<VV> Electric pump foibles

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 14:26:12 EST 2012

That is why I love the English language. There are so many ways to read
something.  One other note - for those of us who have those newfangled cars
with in-tank pumps. If you do manage to run it dry, do not keep trying to get
 the last bit of fuel out of the tank to make it to a gas station. The
in-tank electric pump is designed to be cooled by the surrounding fuel in the
tank, and the fuel going through it. If run in the air, and with no fuel
going  through, the pump can fail in as little a one minute running time. Don't
 ask me if it happened to my 96 Camaro a bunch of years ago. - Seth Emerson

In a message dated 11/17/2012 10:11:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,