<VV> Maddening Electrical Problem - Can Anyone Help

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 02:35:06 EST 2012

After the smoke cleared, the car started right up and I didn't see anything
obviously wrong.  Then the next day, I noticed that with the key out of the
ignition (and everything OFF), the GEN/FAN light was glowing a faint red, and
the TEMP/PRESS light was glowing also, but was dimmer.
I pulled the instrument cluster out and looked at all the wiring, but couldn't
find anything out of place.  No shorts or grounded wires.  Sometimes the lights
would go off, but then go back on again with no obvious reason.  All this is
with the ignition OFF and the key out of the switch.

 Pull the connector off the ign.  switch and see if the light goes out.     If not... the RED  12 ga.  to the lighter socket  has  burnt thru inside the harness...  imo

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages