<VV> Drive Train Removal & Installation

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 15:45:43 EST 2012

I have watched and helped a friend remove the drive train from both early
and late models.  I have also helped him reinstall the drive train on both
models.  I feel that I can do it myself with some help (I would never try
this alone).  My friend uses a tranny jack with the Corvair  engine power
train cradle bolted to it.

Question:

        What kind of equipment is  available to effect this?
                Obviously  one needs something a little heftier than a
floor jack.
                        What  is suitable?
        I have been trying to find  the power train/engine cradle (GM tool
J-7894).
                    Is  this still available?
                    What  can be used in its place?

Still only in the discussion stage but would like to hear
ideas/thoughts/comments on this.

Steve Sassi
LICA Webmaster