<VV> dexron revisited

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 28 10:46:29 EST 2012

Seeing how I cant find a difference for the PG fluid, is there a recommendation
for DEXRON III OR DEXRON VI?

 I did find this, so I'll use the VI when doing a drain and fill. Old III on the
shelf will be used to top off the other cars.

"""The fluid specification for Dexron-VI was introduced in 2005,and was first
used as the GM factory-fill automatic transmission fluid for model year 2006.
All Dexron-III licenses expired permanently at the end of 2006, and GM now
supports only Dexron-VI fluids for use in their automatic
transmissions.[3] Fluids asserted by their manufacturers to meet Dexron-III
standards continue to be sold under abbreviated names such as Dex/Merc, but the
licensing system no longer exists. These fluids are not regulated by
GM.[citation needed] Dexron VI is of a slightly lighter viscosity than the prior
Dexron fluids. The intent of this lighter viscosity is to gain an incremental
improvement in fuel economy by lessening parasitic drag in the
transmission"""....GOOGLE

 I did find this, so I'll use the VI when doing a drain and fill. Old III on the
shelf will be used to top off the other cars.
 MIKE KOVACS