<VV> Corvair Oil filter pricing

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Nov 28 18:22:52 EST 2012

JR
The Wix Plant in Gastonia, NC (about 15 miles from my front door) allowed me
a look inside at the turn of the century.  The PF-4's were painted blue, the
Wix was painted white, and the NAPA was white with their logo.  No company
is going to come up with 3 different filtration materials and matrixes for
the same filter.  in other words, a WIX IS A WIX IS A WIX.

I did my illustration using a Ford 302.  W/A didn't carry any of purolator's
products (junk IMO). You might have missed that.  At the time I had no
running Corvair, and who would be interested in what a Corvair filter could
do?  PLENTY of ford 302's out there.

  W/A was NOT a cheap store.   Advance IS a cheap store.  I worked for both
of them so I feel qualified to testify.

I wouldn't have used a Purolator on my Mercury if W/A DID sell them.  Only
used the Fram once.  I've always used Motorcraft filters on my Fords and
Mercury's.  My 05 F-150 has 160K on it and only Motorcraft.  Ditto for my 99
Grand Marquis.  Why? It's what the Ford Dealer uses.  Use Wix on MY
GM---Why? because that’s what the General puts on them.

End of the day, especially on our air-cooled wonders, THE OIL FILTER IS THE
KIDNEY OF YOUR ENGINE-----Wanna Go Cheap?   I'd want the best quality
"Kidney" my money can buy.

BTW, Jerry McKenzie (whose father owned a Western Auto Franchise), buys his
Napa 1038's from USA filters .com,  comes out to 5.69 ea with shipping.

He sent me this link to share.
http://www.usafilterstore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=U&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=LDOF

Hank