<VV> 1964 Corvair Problem

Melody LaNew mdlanew at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 13:37:49 EDT 2012

Technical Support
I have a 1964 Corvair.  It is fun to drive but after sitting idle for weeks, it is
very hard to start.  Then it spits and sputters and back fires until warmed up.
I am convinced fuel delivery and spark timing is O.K.  (It has electric fuel pump
and electronic ignition).  Could it be possible that the lifters (as they lay on their
sides) are bleeding down and not opening the valves properly??  I am using 10W30
full-synthetic and oil pressure is O.K.
Also, since switching to full-synthetic in my '74 Harley Shovelhead, I've nicknamed
her the Valdez.
I would love to have your opinion on this and would appreciate any information you
can forward to me on this.  Thanks so much.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dave LaNew10358 Bliss Road
Lake Odessa, MI 48849
616-374-8168
mdlanew at yahoo.com