<VV> Problem after 66 Turbo engine rebuild

Ulli Dittmar info at california-camping.de
Mon Sep 10 13:23:02 EDT 2012

Hello all,

first I want to say thanks to everybody who gave me input for my engine rebuild.
Now I have finished the engine rebuild on yesterday. I have replaced following items:

Heads
barrels
pistons
rings (total seal)
carb
turbo
distributor
and much more little parts.

The engine started right up with no problem, runs fine and speeds up to 3200 rpm like a champ....

but the problem starts a 3300 - almost no acceleration, pressure reading is the first mark after the "0" .
It is like someone is holding me from behind. I have check ignition - hard to tell if the pressure unit works fine - ignition is set to 24 degrees.
What can cause these problems? Fuel pump (was replaced about 500 mls ago)?

I am happy for every input to my problem to get is solved because, like I have told you before, the German television is showing up in two weeks to make a 45 minute show with my and a friends turbo (early and late model)

Regards
Ulli the Ba-Vair-ian

61 Monza 900 Sedan
65 Monza 110 Coupe