<VV> Just an odd addition...

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Wed Apr 17 12:48:04 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/17/2013 5:50:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

I've got  a 1965 Corsa.
I'm a bit tall so I modify things a bit in my Corvairs.
I  change out the seats.  The latest has 2004 Chrysler Sebring seats
because I can lower and tilt the seat so I fit. The first thing that
goes is the stock steering wheel. I replace it with a much small
radiused wheel.

<snip>

I recently serviced a 1965 Monza where the owner had done that, replaced
the stock wheel with a wheel of smaller diameter.  What is the advantage to
this beyond contemporary aesthetics?  You don't find that more difficult to
drive?

I found it made the Monza very hard to handle since there is no power
steering.  If you like it by all means do it, but I found it made  steering much
more difficult.

Steve Sassi

<remainder edited out>