<VV> Single Carburetor

John Ingram johnvi at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 22 17:34:48 EDT 2013

The reason for all of this is that I could not get the carbs to
balance,  I know it sounds like a simple vacuum leak.  I have
searched everywhere, Plugged the vacuum brake connection  and every
other vacuum connection, and cannot find it.  I used different
balancing tools, the normal floating ball type got good normal
readings, but it would not idle at all and when it revved up and
smoothed out one exhaust pipe would be hotter than the other.  The
carbs were rebuilds with new manifold seals, where else could it have
a vacuum leak?  Two carbs would be enough, this engine is in a VW
Bus, no need to go fast, I just want it to run.  The idle problem is
finally cured and the power is good once I'm moving along.  Just this
one last problem.  I have not taken the heads off but  even though
the compression check did not show a weak cylinder, there could be a
crack above the intake valve,  in the intake port. (?) I'm sick of
working on it, I'd like to drive it for a while before I take it
apart again.
JI
Anyone have an extra engine to give me?