<VV> 140 hesitation on transition to secondaries

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:16:01 EDT 2013

JR,  I'm glad you mentioned the distributor.  I think I checked and
this one is a 140 distributor but it was a couple years ago and I
don't trust my memory.  I'll check again.  I'd really like to replace
the springs if I can determine what new springs to use, and the
weights if I can't verify they are correct.

Clark's lists the proper 140 springs and weights as discontinued.
Only the smog 140 parts are still available so which springs and
weights should I use (smog 140, 110, something else?)  Remember this
is my street/track engine with 280 cam, 1 1/8" carbs, headers, etc.
Before anyone says anything about the modified carbs causing this
problem remember the problem existed when using the stock carbs as
well.

I'll make a unisyn adapter and properly synchronize the carb linkages,
I figure that is the most obvious possible cause so I'll start
there... I just need to find hose the right size.  Also the ignition
repairs/upgrades I'm making might solve the problem so I won't go
really digging until after I know I have a sufficient ignition system.

The reason I asked about this is I don't remember having had this
problem before properly synchronizing the carbs... maybe I just got
lucky in the past.

Thanks!