<VV> bad lifter?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Aug 22 19:48:23 EDT 2013

Both of those lifters took considerable effort to compress in the vice.  I worked them back and forth in the vice until it became easy, then tested them and was able to compress the pistons with my finger afterward.  I'm not sure how much additional resistance there should be when there is oil in the lifter but based on one of the tech guide articles that suggested testing lifters by pushing on the rockers I think that they were giving too much resistance.

Ray!! you've got it backwards!  Ask Missy to explain it!! LOL!!

A GOOD  Hyd.  lifter is rock hard  when filled!   Bad ones bleed down...

You rpm increasing   is WEIRD!!

Are all the rocker studs showing 2-3 threads after you have adjusted?

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages