<VV> now age of vehicles

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Dec 13 13:47:39 EST 2013

I don't even own anything that new!

I do not purchase depreciating assets, not a good use of capital for me.

Let other people take the heavy depriciation and let me drive for small
money.

Hey, That's how I got into Corvairs in the 70's!

Harry, I spent a few hours out west in wrecking yards, and their age seemed
the same. What a sight seeing rust free bodies thrown away of recent
vintage.

But, when I was in yards back in the 70's, most of the cars were from the
60's, so even then cars would end up disposed by 6 to 8 years of age, so
they are on the road longer now than then.  Average age of vehicles in
service is now over 11 years, way longer than ever before.

Frank DuVal

Original email: