<VV> Wheel Cylinders Survey

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Dec 23 13:03:05 EST 2013

I still rebuild most on Corvairs. Some are just too far gone. Newer cars
get new cylinders, as they are very cheap (made in China...) and in
stock locally.

I do have four Graham (1938) wheel cylinders that are too big in bore
and need to be sleeved. I wish new ones were available!

And since you didn't ask, I also rebuild the GM single master cylinders
and replace the duals. But singles that have the big rust pit in the
bore get replaced.

If I was charging for my time, as in a real shop, it probably would be
cost effective to replace even the Corvair wheel cylinders.

Frank DuVal