<VV> Wheel Cylinders Survey

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Wed Dec 25 07:21:58 EST 2013

Again, back in the day when I couldn't afford nice tools I had a cheap wheel
cylinder hone that was actually made to use sand paper!
I always used wet or dry paper with WD40 as a lube. It worked as long as you
cleaned the cylinder well.

Rick Norris
1st CORSA President, 1971
www.corvairalley.com
Hurricane WV

Rebuild if you can. I once had to go to a junkyard in upstate NY when
casting ear broke on a whl cyl while racing at WG. Also broke an aluminum
brake drum...and welds on front suspension...   I "honed" junkyard cyl with
wet or dry sand paper and no leaks. Worked fine. The only LM Corvair
anywhere that I could find...  What a cluster eff that weekend was... LOL!

Chuck S
BBRT
YS 73 D Prod