<VV> bushing upgrade advice wanted

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Feb 18 10:46:25 EST 2013

The most crucial ones are the lower rear control arm bushings.  The two common ways to tighten them up a bit is either polyurethane or one nylon and one replacement rubber bushing.  Both work pretty well.  You may find you'll want to change the alignment or add a rear sway bar, the effect is quite dramatic.

Next up would be the front lower control arms.  Both these and the rears are the largest bushings, so they have the most impact.  Use either a new stock or poly bushing here, nylon tends to bind.  At one point there was a chamfered delrin bushing available but I don't know if that's true anymore.

BTW, replace the pitman arm bushing if you haven't already.

See my bushing page for further details:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/bushings.html

--Bryan