<VV> discovered 62 posi diff snout fractured

Paul Fox paulvair at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 07:53:49 EDT 2013

You don't need a press to remove or install the snout. A hammer will do just fine. But you don't want to get it cocked sideways when installing and make sure it's in all the way. And the bearing race too. Otherwise you'll never get your pinion bearings adjusted right. But the most important thing is when you install it, get one of the slots lined up with the oil drain hole. Otherwise you'll destroy the rear pinion bearing in short order.
Paul Fox