<VV> Fan Belt Physics

lonwall@corvairunderground.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Mon Jul 1 16:24:11 EDT 2013

This is a long complicated issue - because people make it that way -

Is the belt too tight?
Is it the right belt? (Dimensionally - NOT brand)
Is he putting the same belt back on he just flipped?
Is he running a magnesium fan?
Is he running an alternator or generator?
If an alternator is he -
Certain that he has a 3"  diameter pulley?
That he has an alternator adapter casting?
Is the balancer coming apart or are any pulleys bent?

When all things are the way they should be he should normally get years
of use on a stock motor.

If he drives like a maniac or races then he needs our spring loaded
idler. Only 7 left.

If any of the above items are wrong then our spring idler will not fix them.

Lon Wall
www.corvairunderground.com