<VV> Fan Belt Physics

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Jul 3 09:41:04 EDT 2013

A couple thoughts - first, there is probably a slower frame rate that will work ok.  Some test runs would make clear just how many frames you need.  To get a good clip I don't think you actually need the belt to flip, you just need it stressed, that would provide some useful information by itself.  Generally the belt comes off during a shift, so I'd say if you put the car on a chassis dyno and did a couple redline full throttle 1 - 2 shifts, that would be a good start.

--Bryan